Short-term Missions Trip
Off The GRID NZ - Ignite 2 (New Zealand)
Where is your life going? Do you feel God is calling you to something new? Have you ever considered your career as your mission field or perhaps moving overseas, using your career in marketplace missions to reach the lost? Come join us for 12 days in God’s creation as we unplug, focus on Jesus & consider our mission for life.
We use outdoor adventure, team building & a relevant study curriculum to challenge participants to embrace their purpose & realise their potential.
Off The GRID – Ignite is 12 Days of:
- Establishing your personal mission
- International Teams of (8) People: 25-55yr olds
- Media Fast as a time away from distractions
- Challenge through outdoor pursuits & team life
Off The GRID consists of:
- Learning & growing as a team
- Bible study, prayer & spiritual formation
- Hiking & kayaking for multiple days
- Reaching out to people we meet in the outdoors & along our travels
Off The GRID is for people who:
- Want to focus on Christ & share their faith
- Want to live in community & serve others
- Want to challenge themselves physically & spiritually
Backpacker Lodge, Backcountry Huts & Tents
- Basic, nutritious and designed for energy & health as we travel
- Special dietary preferences or needs cannot be accommodated
- Severe food allergies cannot be accommodated due to communal team living & close interaction with other groups
- Minor food allergies can be accommodated with advanced notice
Off The GRID Base Camp is located in Riwaka, at the top end of the South Island near Nelson, NZ.
- Book International travel to/from Auckland or Christchurch
- Book Domestic travel to/from Nelson Airport or Bus Station
- We will arrange a pick up/drop off in Nelson
- Travel details will be included in the Programme Information Packet that you will receive when accepted to Off The GRID
Off The GRID is physically demanding
- You need to be physically fit when you arrive and ready to be on the go!
- Come energetic & excited, ready to make the most of every moment.
- We backpack for multiple days over difficult mountain terrain & go sea kayaking in the ocean.
- Candidates with allergies, respiratory issues or physical disabilities need to notify us of the details & we will handle those applications on a case-by-case basis.
90-day tourist visa for most international visitors will be issued upon arrival
Details regarding specialty outdoor gear, including rental gear, will be provided in the Programme Information Packet that candidates will receive when accepted to Off The GRID.