As an accountant on the mission field with OM, you will use your financial management skills toward the purpose of seeing vibrant communities of Jesus followers established among the least reached. This important role is vital to ministry on the field. As an accountant in OM, you would provide accountability for the cash transactions conducted on the field and perform duties to assist with accounting functions pertaining to bank accounts, budgets, journal entries, financial reporting and administrative changes, guided by precedent and guidelines of established polices. Participation in local ministry and team life may also be aspects of your role.
Requirements for the Position:
- Must complete regular application process for joining OM.
- Demonstration of a relationship with Christ and a walk with Him that will be an example and model to the OM Ireland team, the church, and local community.
- Understanding of and compliance with OM, its core values, structures, and statement of faith.
- A heart and passion for evangelism and mission mobilisation.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Working knowledge of computer software/programmes currently in use by OM Ireland.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in English language.
- An eye for detail to perform various accounting, administrative and bookkeeping tasks.
- Able to produce financial reports and budgets.
- Finance training or previous experience is helpful. Willingness to learn is crucial.
- Servant hearted person.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with accounting information.