Just outside Brussels, in a town called Zaventem, OM has an internationally used conference facility called ZavCentre. ZavCentre provides up to a full board stay for missionaries traveling through, OM groups' meetings, local Christians and others. Our center has around 70 beds and 5 small and large meeting rooms. Besides the conference center, OM wants to help the local church in reaching their purpose for Christ.
A catering manager plans, administers and supervises the catering facility. The most important part of the job is achieving good quality food at low cost and maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
• Planning menus, ordering supplies and shopping as required.
• Planning, preparing and serving meals for groups from 2 to 60.
• Showing special care for guests with particular dietary needs.
• Recruit & train permanent and temporary staff.
• Organise, lead and motivate the catering team.
• Plan staff shifts and rotas.
• Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed.
• Setting and monitoring budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records.
• Monitor the quality of the product and service provided.
• Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required.
• Liaise with suppliers and clients.
• Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills.
• Knowledge of food, food hygiene and food preparation.
• Tact and diplomacy.
• Teamworking skills.
• The ability to lead and motivate staff.
• Numeracy and financial skills in order to manage a budget.
• A well-organised approach to work.
• Experience in improving service delivery.
• Decorating: the appearance of the catering hall.
• A servant-heart and willingness to work practically to serve mission workers.
• Knowledge of English.
• Driver's license is a plus.
• Flexible, friendly, open character.
• Previous catering experience is important - a qualification is helpful but not essential.
• Preferably a EU-citizen due to visa requirements.
* Previous catering experience is important