In Italy, where the roots of Catholicism lie, only very few people have a living relationship with God and know Jesus as Lord and Saviour. We believe and experience that Church Plants are an effective way to reach out to those who do not know God and help young believers grow in their faith. Do you want to help create a vibrant community of Jesus followers among Italians? Do you have a desire to reach Italians with the gospel message? Come and join OM Italia to serve with a local Church Plant.
The vision of OM Italia is to support several Church Plants throughout Italy. We are looking for people who have a heart for the church, that want to commit themselves for one or more years to a church plant and to reaching out to locals. Your role will be defined according to your skills, your experience and your gifts. A few examples: hosting or leading a Bible study, organizing an evangelistic event, leading worship, teaching English, helping out practically by providing food or the preparation of meeting rooms.
OM Italia consists of three small teams which are located in Pisa, Rome and Piemonte. As well as being part of the church plant you will be part of OM Italia and serve within OM Italia’s vision and ministry. You will attend the yearly team retreat and there is the opportunity to take part in camps and outreaches around Italy and helping out during Teenstreet or other OM ministries.
Before and during your placement at the Church Plant, you will receive training and mentoring from one of the teams.
- Knowledge of the Italian language or strong commitment to learn it.
- Patience and endurance when results might not always directly be visible.
- Pro-activeness: not afraid to start new activities and try-out different ways to reach and disciple people.
- Ability to work in a team: servant attitude and willingness to receive and give feedback and to collaborate on a shared vision to make Christ known.
- Experience in evangelism and/or discipleship.
- Agreeing with the confession of faith and church covenant and submit to the leadership of the church where you will be placed.
- A strong desire to share God’s love with people, especially through a church.