Serve on board Doulos Hope with an international crew of around 150 volunteers from many different countries.
We are looking for a qualified nurse to provide on board medical care and treatment for crew & guests under the direction of the ship's physician.
What are the requirements (skills/competences) for this role?
- You have previous work experience in a Hospital or Doctor's practice
You have studied/completed an apprenticeship in...
- You are willing to practice communication with people & Doctors
- Be part of the Emergency duty
- You are proactive and you like to organize yourself and work independently
If you receive applications/inquiries the following basic information can be send to those people as well:
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- You are responsible for...
- Running the clinic together with the Medical Officer
- Emergency situations, Documentation/Patient records
- Monthly maintenance and First aid kits check
- Drug inventory
- Making the clinic safe for sailing and putting out seasick medication to service desk
- Cleaning (Sterilising used instruments, Floor, Surfaces, Rooms etc...)
- You are the one who….
- Keeps the vaccination cards up to date for each crew member
- Gives vaccinations
- Helps with Insurance claims
- Is part of the Control team and on call duty medical staff
- You coordinate the duty medical schedule for each month
- You need to be confident, willing to serve and gentle as a medical staff.