The Gulf Arabic Program (GAP) has been equipping workers in the Arabian Peninsula with Arabic language skills for 20 years. A team of volunteers is needed to help with various aspects of the school including technology, legal, finance, curriculum development, teacher training, and recruitment. GAP is registered as a US non-profit (501(c)3) based in Nevada. As an online school, people living outside of the region can fill many of these roles.
Ensure flexible, effective and legally compliant financial systems that allow the Gulf Arabic Program, Inc. to provide seamless access to excellent Arabic instruction.
- Invoice students and respond to their finance related questions
- Ensure that subscriptions are kept current (Zoom, accounting software, etc.)
- Manage payroll and reimbursements
- Become familiar with the integration of a scheduling app, online learning platform, Stripe account and bank account as related to the finance function
- Produce and share financial reports and projections with appropriate stakeholders monthly
- Work with a tax accountant to file taxes in the United States (this may include filling paperwork on behalf of the teachers)
- Become familiar with legal requirements of as a US non-profit (501(c)3) based in Nevada and ensure compliance as related to financial practices
- Ensure the teachers understand their compensation, have the necessary support to set up a bank account and receive their salaries in a cost effective manner
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online or a similar accounting software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365