Coordinate and lead OM's work on Jamaica working closely with local staff and volunteers to see more Jamaicans serving around the world.
Our team across the Caribbean is involved in a variety of ministries. Central to our thinking/philosophy is our belief that only the gospel changes people and communities. As Jesus Christ transforms the hearts of Jamaicans, churches grow, communities change, and believers grow in their desire to see Christ glorified among the nations. We do tasks, we do ministry, we do development and our passion behind all of this is knowing Jesus Christ and desiring to make Him known. If this is you, then we want to talk with you about the serious possibility of you joining our team.
JOB SUMMARY: to work closely with fellow team members on all of the following
1. To serve as the primary contact for OM to the island’s Christian community
2. To promote missions awareness and involvement by speaking at churches, Christian events, business meetings, etc.
3. To develop and raise the island budget for ministry as well as personal support (if needed)
4. To work closely with the island board members
5. To recruit local Christians for long-term mission service and for short-term outreaches
6. To develop a prayer network across the island
7. To raise funds for key OM International ministry opportunities
8. To assist in the scheduling of OM speakers and leaders visiting the island, to include transportation, lodging, and meetings
9. To help plan and carry out a GMO if it should be needed
1. Spiritual vitality
2. Computer skills-email
3. Microsoft Office skills-basic understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
4. Attention to detail
5. Organizational skills – a must
6. Solid friendly relational skills
7. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously