As a Carpenter, you work as part of the Maintenance team who is responsible for maintaining adequate and comfort living and working conditions all around the ship. This includes safe and functional interior and furnishing in private, public and work areas, working sanitary spaces, managing fresh and waste water, air conditioning and ventilation, cold spaces, maintain routine check on various equipment and spaces.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
• You are responsible of functionality and safety of all indoor areas around the ship by repairing, refitting and modifying existing structures according to different requests. For e.g. walls, ceilings, floors and other surfaces, doors and furniture includes to your area.
• You work as a part of maintenance team and you are responsible to Accommodation Maintenance engineer.
What are the requirements (skills/competences) for this role?
• You have practical skills and technical understanding and you can use common hand tools and electric tools to fix existing or to fabricate new furniture and structure.
• You have preferably some level of technical education.
• Earlier experience is required.