Do you love to listen to people's stories, build relationships and speak into people's situations? This role of people care is to be a person within our team who is focused on the mental and emotional well being of the team members and to give counseling if needed. We seek a person with a great love for their fellow Christians, and who desires to assist, counsel and provide spiritual care for our missionaries as they serve God in this country.
- provide debriefing, relationship building, training advice as needed
- counsel and provide spiritual care for our missionaries
- Offer advice and support in crisis and conflict situations for team members or leaders
- Partake in cooperation and exchange with other people care personnel worldwide
- Maintain contact with personnel in-country and abroad
- Provide (appropriate ) input for the field/team leaders regarding how individual people on the field are doing.
- Provide advice to field/team leaders on general trends or people care issues on the field/team. Identify gaps in people care and suggest changes. Give input to guide leaders in good practice in people care on our field
- Keep regular communication with team leaders becoming aware of their own and their team members' needs
Professional training in counseling or pastoral care would be very helpful.