Many people who invest their lives in missions take their first step on a Short Term Missions team. Would you like to play a vital part in their journey? Would you be excited at encouraging mission and outreach in the UK and have the skills to motivate the church and encourage evangelism? We are looking for a person who can combine good organizational planning skills with a heart for outreach and a gift for working with others to develop and lead our Short Term Missions programme in the UK.
You will have an overview of and, where relevant, coordinate all aspects of short-term mission in the UK in collaboration with relevant departments such as Missions Discipleship Training team, London Team, Birmingham Team and Global Village among others. You will build on links we have with a network of churches and partnership ministries in order to provide Short Term Mission Outreaches. These outreaches are opportunities both to serve and to share the Gospel with local communities.
1. To have an overview of and, where relevant, coordinate all aspects of short-term mission in collaboration with the relevant OM departments in the UK.
2. Be well organised and have the ability to plan.
3. Have a willingness to engage with other churches and agencies in order to share the STM vision.
4. Be ready to serve the wider community and learn to communicate your faith in a way that they understand.
5. Speak English and be willing to engage with other cultures.
6. Have previously taken part in STM outreaches
7. Love people and pray for them.