The OM Costa Rica team has many stories to tell, but lack of someone to write and communicate them in a clear, concise, and captivating way.
We are looking for a person who can help us strengthen relationships between partners, churches, and local volunteers by telling effectively what God is doing in OM Costa Rica.
We need a passionate person with the ability to draw in readers with strong leads and imagination igniting details. Could this be you? Read more!
Now, more than ever, our team is establishing
a new vision to mobilize Costa Ricans for missions. We are also seeing God bring about true transformation in our ministry to the indigenous in Talamanca. Our team needs a writer who is just as excited as we are the ways God is moving throughout San Jose and Talamanca, Costa Rica.
You should be the kind of writer who believes in the power of words and pays close attention to detail. You should also find joy in listening to others and being a storyteller. You will creatively share the exciting stories of God’s work in Costa Rica to audiences throughout the world.
As the communications person at OM Costa Rica, you can expect to:
- Write outreach reports (around 8 per year).
- Submit interesting articles highlighting the work of OM, individual team members, Costa Rica happenings, and outreaches for our website and OM International News.
- Write OM Costa Rica newsletter and send out to partnering churches and individuals.
- Friendly and a people-person
- Able to work in a team
- Highly self-motivated
- Disciplined to meet deadlines
- Open to flexible working hours (i.e. evenings or weekends)
- Strong writing and speaking skills in the English and Spanish language.
- A portfolio (or examples) of hard and soft news pieces must be submitted during application process.
- Ministry involvement: be actively involved in team life and in other ministries that the field has.