The Year Program is a 12-month opportunity to support the growth of the Kingdom of God in Belgium and to grow personally and in faith while doing so. The Year Program has two purposes; The first one is that of a gap year, the second one is to prepare a person to continue serving the Lord through international missions. It offers tools and opportunities to understand a new culture as well as to introduce a person to what it is to be a missionary.
Brief Description: The participant's time is split into four main activities during this time; Bible study; Cultural experiences and language acquisition made practical (French or Flemish) which will lead to evangelism; ministry time in one of the existing teams (according to your skills and talents); and OM in Belgium team life.
- The expected age of participants is 18-30 years old. Applications of people from 31-35 years old need to be reviewed in relation to the rest of the applications we have received for each session. We preferably accept singles. In case of couples, both need to be part of the program.
- Willing to learn and grow. Reading is a big part of our program. Participants are expected to read the Bible on a daily basis as well as the books that are part of the curriculum which we have selected to enhance their comprehension of Scripture and enrich our Bible study sessions. This will normally take up 1-2 hours of their day. We will find solutions for people with dyslexia or other learning difficulties whenever possible.
- Have the desire to learn a new language. Participants should learn a national language within this year and be willing to actively work in an existing team.
- Have the disposition to live in shared accommodation.
- Have a desire to learn and grow is key, as the more you put in the more you get out.
Visa Requirements: Due to current visa related issues, at the moment (2020) we can most likely only accept participants with a passport from the EU, Schengen Area, or the UK.