Donor Advised Funds
A donor advised fund (DAF), which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to Operation Mobilization and other qualified charities.
You can contribute to the fund as frequently as you like and watch as your charitable investment grows tax-free. You will receive immediate tax benefits and can recommend donations to your favourite charities whenever they are ready.
If you want to be strategic in your giving and in creating a legacy, you can name Operation Mobilization the beneficiary of the entire account or a percentage of the fund. With a percentage, you can create a family legacy of giving by naming your loved ones as your successor to continue recommending grants to charitable organizations.
Benefits of Donor Advised Funds:
- Immediate tax benefits with a single tax receipt
- Make an anonymous gift if desired
- Becomes cost saving compared to private foundations
- Ability to contribute appreciated securities
- Continued investment of contributions over time
- Tax-free growth
- Easy management of gifts and grants—someone else takes care of all the administrative work
- If you already have a fund, contact us at email@example.com to discuss using your donor advised funds to support OM and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include OM in your plans, please use our legal name and charitable registration number.
Operation Mobilization Canada
84 West Street, Port Colborne, ON L3K 4C8
Charitable Registration Number: 107801755RR0001
Let us help you get started. You can discuss this confidentially by
1. Calling Andrew Alexander (Director of Development, OM Canada) at 1-877-487-7777 ext. 506
2. Emailing our planned giving staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Contacting LINK CHARITY at www.linkcharity.ca/