As our IT Administrator you’ll be assisting the IT Coordinator in a multifaceted range of responsibilities. You will be managing the email network, provide MS Office help desk and other user support, provide network maintenance and support to a multinational team and system administration with Linux-server, Windows 7 and 10.
Overview of Job:
As our IT Administrator you’ll be in charge of a multifaceted range of responsibilities. You will be managing the email network, provide MS Office help desk and other user support, you will provide network maintenance and support to a multinational team working with multitude of applications (including some OM specific applications) and system administration with Linux-server and Windows 7 & 10. You will be in charge of keeping our in house, custom developed software package, Open PETRA (used to upkeep and manage administrative records and financial systems), up to date and ensure smooth operation within our office environment. Additionally, you will be managing and developing our website, provide IT training, update and maintain field IT policies and procedures, be in communication with our programmers in UK and give advice in planning, achieving and maintaining IT solutions and keep up-to-date with current IT developments.
You, like other staff members, are invited and encouraged to take part in ministry opportunities as time permits.
Bring your IT ingenuity, your flexibility and competence, and experience a rich and unique office culture and use your skills to directly impact the growth of the kingdom.
- Training and experience in computer science/IT required
- Interested in serving the field with the use of IT
- Proficiency in Java and html programming, database management, network administration.
- Working knowledge of Unix or Linux.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications in mixed left-to-right and right-to-left environment.
- Able to manage a broad range of issues related to IT
- If possible previous exposure to work within OM or a like minded organization
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to work well in multicultural environment
- Good working knowledge of English
- Willing to travel (not necessarily a lot)
- All OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.