The Social Work Supervisor will be a member of the Cambodia team and will play an important role in our project in Phnom Penh which provides support to vulnerable families, women and children through counselling, preventive and rehabilitative services.
1. Recognized qualifications and relevant work experience in professional social work or psychology.
2. A passion for community development work, with an empathy and compassion towards the suffering poor, in particular for children and women.
3. Ability to work well collaboratively in a multicultural team.
4. Ability to lead and build the capacity of a small team of social workers i.e. to guide, encourage and enhance their knowledge and skills.
5. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
6. Case management and report writing skills.
7. Expertise in training and mentoring, especially cross culturally.
8. High level of written and spoken English, and basic level of spoken and written Khmer.
9. Good interpersonal skills, with ability to connect with local staff and clients.
10. Willing to do a 1-year Khmer language course