How would you like to work with an international group of people volunteering at our Florence base helping to present them with mission and the least-reached needs in our world?
The Volunteer Coordinator exists to mobilize and coordinate individuals and groups to become actively involved in the ministry of the Ships Florence office through volunteer service, ensuring that their service is a mutual blessing to them and the ministry.
Coordinate and facilitate the receiving, daily scheduling, data basing and follow-up of volunteers in order to ensure the effectiveness of the Volunteer Program.
1. Maintain accurate records of volunteer service and information.
2. Coordinate the receiving of individuals or groups into OMSI’s volunteer program, including participants in the PTI program.
3. Schedule all volunteers into the calendar and relay availability to department heads as appropriate, based on volunteer skillset and interests.
4. Coordinate volunteer accommodation needs with the Executive Assistant.
5. Work alongside the volunteers as time permits.
6. Communicate service of PTI program members to relevant authorities.
7. Ensure that volunteer groups are presented with the mission of OM and opportunities for themselves and their churches to engage with the least-reached.
Assist in providing appropriate care for the volunteers in order to enable their service with OM Ships to be a blessing both to them and the ministry.
1. Screen potential volunteers and approve their involvement with OM Ships.
2. Orient volunteers to the ministry of OM Ships.
3. Invite volunteers to sign up for ministry news and appeals.
4. Encourage volunteers during their involvement with OM Ships.
5. Follow up with lapsed volunteers to ensure they are not lost to the ministry through lack of care.
Ensure volunteer staffing of individuals and groups in order to facilitate the growth of the ministry.
1. Research and create initiatives that would facilitate volunteer relationships and opportunities.
2. Proactively promote the opportunity for volunteers in the local Florence community and in other regions through various media, including print and online.
3. Train and resource volunteers to promote the ministry to others and become OM Ships liaisons in their local church.