An introduction to the world of Christian mission, this role lets you see how things work near the beating heart of a busy international missions organisation. Reporting to the UK Director, you will do many of the typical PA type activities like organising his diary, monitoring communications and planning travel, along with other duties to remove his administrative burdens. You’ll also be involved in the broader life of OM in the UK, with many opportunities to express your Christian faith.
What we’re looking for and what we can offer:
- You should be relatively intuitive and a quick learner. We don’t expect you to be an expert PA to begin with, but you will need to be task oriented with a knack for organisation in order to hit the ground running, as well as the ability to process a lot of new information to get up to speed with things quickly.
- You should be unflappable and flexible, able to adapt to new plans at the last minute, and comfortable working without too much of a regular routine- the work can be very varied, with some much busier periods.
- You will have opportunities and encouragement to get stuck into mission, helping out at OM events, with the opportunity to take a Short Term Mission each year on work time
- You will have the ability to ‘live out’ your faith in the workplace, as you’ll also be involved with the spiritual life of the office, helping run church and prayer meetings as well as business meetings
- Reasonably priced on-site accommodation available