Do you want to be a part of a programme developing children, youth and family engagement? Mercy Teams International is looking for a person to join their team based in Phnom Penh.
Through our programme, OM MTI is planning to expand its reach to children, youth and families in Phnom Penh slums, as well as to outlying areas in wider Cambodia. We have a vision to expand this outreach through the teaching of English.
Further opportunities will come as you share ministry with our social work team as they reach out to needy families living in Phnom Penh slums.
There will be additional opportunities to share your administration skills with the OM MTI team at our base in Phnom Penh.
The appointment of a Teacher (English) will assist OM MTI in meeting its objectives to:
1. Change the life opportunities of children, youth and families
2. Expand life opportunities for children, youth and their families through learning opportunities in (particularly) the English language
3. Strengthen the administrative team at our ministry base in Phnom Penh
4. Strengthen our existing social and community work
1. You may be a trained teacher, but certainly will have a gift in teaching young people.
2. You will have exciting opportunities to work directly with children, youth and families in the communities where we serve.
3. You may have experience in community and social work in your home country
4. You will be a confident Christian
5. Your administration and organisational ability will be important and your possible experience with finance systems will strengthen your contribution to OM MTI’s administration team
6. You will be at ease when living and serving in a cross cultural situation
7. You will enjoy working with children and youth
8. You will relate easily to those clients with whom you work and meet significant personal, social and spiritual needs as a part of your work
9. You will be willing to undertake a course of language study in Khmer
10. You will be able to offer at least 2 years of service to the ministry of OM MTI in Cambodia