1 Aug 2023
MediaWorks is looking for a software developer to further the work of creating LightNet, an online product that will enable ministries to: run their own media distribution platforms; share media with each other in a decentralised way; and quickly create interactive community websites and webapps.
MediaWorks equips local ministries around the globe with relevant print and digital media that helps them share the gospel and strengthen believers in their communities.
By joining our experienced but small development team as we move to the second iteration, you will help provide ministries with this digital tool. Be part of communicating God's love to least reached people groups in the languages and context of their communities in new ways.
We are using the following technologies:
- Cloud Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code tools Docker, Linux
- Continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Automated testing tools
What you would be working on We are building a highly decentralised system that has a couple of components. Depending on your interests and skills, you can work with the primary focus on the front-end, back-end or infrastructure aspect. We are not only building a content management system (CMS) but also a generic front-end that is highly configurable by the ministries using it. For example: library.mediaworks.global and nadija.org. Some ministries will need a fully customised front-end. We are building the system in an agile way and will adapt our focus and direction depending on the use cases of the local ministries. Learn more at: https://mediaworks.global/dev/
Our focus for the coming year includes:
- Federation (sharing of media from one LightNet instance to an other instance)
- Engagement and community (interactivity, such as chat or forums)
- Understanding of and compliance with OM core values and statement of faith (https://www.om.org/mediaworks/en/content/about-om)
- A few years of work experience in the industry
- Familiarity with some of the above-mentioned technologies
- Team player who is willing to learn, adapt and work on an international hybrid team
- Good communication skills, able to communicate in English
Location It is possible to work in Stockerau (Austria) or remotely from anywhere in the world with good Internet connection.
Financial Salaries for full-time OM workers are not provided by the organisation but through individual support raising. There is also the possibility to offer your time on a voluntary basis.
Find out more about our ministry at https://om.org/mediaworks Interested? Get in touch with us.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.