For an Electrical Officer we are looking for an skilled Electrical Technician (preferably in the area of Power Production) that has experience in leading and managing a Team. With a minimum of 3 years work experience. Experience in the marine industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
Good interpersonal skills and being a computer literate are vital requirements. You will need to work with MS Office, AutoCAD & and a computer based Maintenance program called AMOS.
- Working in areas will involve work on the following machinery and systems:
o generators, switchboard up to 1000V, motors, control systems, public address system, fire alarm system, bridge & navigation equipment
o computerised systems i.e. AutoCAD, planned maintenance system (AMOS) and PLC (Siemens S7)
- Scheduling, planning, fulfilment & reporting of the on-going maintenance and repair for our vessel
- Carrying out domestic installations, motor installations and installation of automation sensors as part of a continuous programme of upgrading
- Documentation of Upgrades, Fault occurrences & Repairs into our computer based Maintenance software as well as updating of system drawings in Auto CAD and updating of Technical Manuals.
- Qualifications and experience with Electronic and control systems, motor control systems, cable installation & heavy duty wiring, generators and switchboards, maintenance, commissioning and fault finding is of great advantage.
- You have problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
- With your good interpersonal skills you have the ability to lead a small team (approx. 6 Team members) and are able to contribute to the overall goals of upgrading, maintaining and operating the various electrical and electronic systems on board.
- You are able to read and understand Technical drawings, manuals and documents.
- You are medically fit to be signed on to crew articles (you cannot be colour blind, have hearing problems or other major medical conditions).
- You have Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.