EXPLORE YOUR PURPOSE
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A SHORT-TERM MISSIONARY
If you’re feeling stirred to delve into and discover God’s purpose for your life, if you love Jesus and want to share His love with others, then you’re ready to go, visit and see what God is doing in the nations!
If you love Jesus, you’re already His missionary! You have been uniquely shaped by God with gifts and passions for the purpose of sharing His love with the world.
Our heart is to inspire you to discover and embrace these gifts and passions, and to equip and connect you with opportunities to use them, sharing God’s love with people who don’t know it. We trust that in the process, you will be turned upside down as you discover what it means to truly wrap your full life around God’s purposes for you.
RELATIONSHIPS. IMPACT. EMPOWERMENT.
These are the core values of the vibrant community that will keep you coming back year after year to TeenStreet, an annual conference and discipleship camp raising a young and passionate generation of Jesus followers. TeenStreet isn’t just for teens, it’s also for leaders with a passion to show teens that they can have a real friendship with Jesus, reflect Him daily in their world and share His love with others.
WORSHIP GOD AND BE INSPIRED
The Love Africa Missions Conference is an annual gathering of people from all over the world to worship God together, hear challenging messages from world-class speakers and listen to inspiring testimonies from missions workers in the field.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE?
- The minimum age is 18 (some exceptions may be made).
- DO I NEED TO HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE?
- Our options are designed to introduce you to cross-cultural work and are suitable for anyone who loves Jesus and wants to serve Him.
- DO I HAVE TO BE A CHRISTIAN?
- You need to have been a committed Christian for at least one year and be connected to a local church, small group or ministry.
- DO I NEED TO SPEAK THE LOCAL LANGUAGE?
- No, although it is useful. The team language will always be English unless otherwise stated.
- DO YOU ALLOW GROUPS?
- Some of our journey options allow for groups. We will support the group leaders every step of the way, including preparations and training beforehand and after you return home.
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- The cost for each option varies. Cost inclusions and exclusions are listed under each option on the website.
- HOW DO I PAY?
- Some people cover the cost by using their savings. Others raise the amount they need by fundraising or asking family, friends and their church to support them financially. This can be done with one-off gifts or with regular monthly support. We are here to help you on this journey and can offer assistance, training and resources to equip you in raising support.
At our core, OM exists to motivate Jesus followers to live out God’s love amongst those that don’t know Him.
Our heart is to inspire you to embrace the gifts and passions God has given you to be used for His glory. We want to equip and connect you with opportunities to do this.
Visiting and seeing what God is doing in the nations of the world is an awesome way to explore your purpose and get a taste of cross-cultural work. Meanwhile, we believe lasting transformation occurs when we intentionally wrap our full lives around God’s worldwide mission. Every Jesus follower has a part to play in this mission - to go and make disciples of all nations.
Whether you want to intentionally pursue your vocation or explore how your gifts and passions can be used, we have mission mentors who can come alongside and help you.