##CANCELLED## Ukraine Refugee ministry in Hungary
Apply By / Duration
Coming alongside the truamatised of the Ukraine conflict, providing hope, help and encouragement as they resettle in Hungary.
Language: It is required that you understand and speak a good level of English as this will be the team common language. A knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian is a great advantage . Refugees speak Ukrainian and/or Russian, English is not very common.
Drivers: Driver's license (manual) and 3+ years of experience driving is an asset. If you're happy to be a driver, please bring your DL.
You will receive help gathering program material and props. You will need a creative friendly approach and an ability to connect with children and their parents.
We invite participants who are:
- Flexible, adaptable, and focused on serving others, able to work well in a multinational team.
- Experienced ministry workers and self-starters as this ministry is in its development stage and we need ‘pioneer’ people with motivation and vision to get things started.
- Experience and/or training in trauma counseling, arts/trauma therapy, children's/family counseling.
- Responsible and able to able to work under the authority of the local OM team and alongside government officials.
- Able to communicate well in English. Ukrainian and/or Russian would be a great asset.
- Compassionate, able to listen well and willing to learn more about Psychological First Aid
- Willing to work within a cross-cultural team, determined to connect with people regardless of language barriers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be accomodation provided?
Basic accommodation in a team house.
Accommodation options include a double room for a couple to large, shared bedrooms (may include sleeping on a mattress).
Will there be food provided?
Meals will be at your accommodation, you will be shopping and catering for yourselves. The quoted cost per week does not include the cost of food.
Do I need to make my own travel arrangements?
Participants need to arrange and cover their travel expense to and from Budapest .
Participants need to check on the Covid regulations for leaving and entering countries while traveling to and from Hungary and cover any necessary tests themselves.
Participants are responsible to organise their own personal travel/health insurance. (We are not working near the border or in cross border situations.)
What should my health condition be like?
Healthy, fit and emotionally strong to help people heal rather than be self-affected by the stories they may hear.
Do I need a visa?
Applicants should check if they need to apply for a visa to Hungary for their stay.
Ask a Question
Your Local Office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com