Looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our IT infrastructure department. This is a key role that focuses on building and maintaining the tooling and infrastructure used to automate the security, configuration management, deployment, and upgrade processes for servers. This individual will work on developing the automated pipelines as well as providing consulting services to application and infrastructure teams in automated CI/CD, test and release automation. This role will be responsible for the
Devops Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide on-going operational support of the DevOps tools and services supporting on-prem and hybrid cloud environments
- Strengthen and maintain the monitoring and management of the infrastructure and build/deployment processes.
- Design and engineer the DevOps CI\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\CD tooling and platform roadmap and own the lifecycle of these platforms. Including suggesting Unit Tests to the app dev teams and code quality automation.
- Seamlessly integrate DevOps with infrastructure and automation orchestration platforms through established architectural patterns (e.g. APIs)
- Ensure all services are hardened and security best practices are followed during the automated processes
DevOps Engineer Requirements & Skills
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience supporting mission critical Linux and Windows systems at scale
- Strong skills in configuration management of Linux and Windows systems
- Direct experience with DevOps in Azure and AWS
- Experience in multiple scripting languages Python, Powershell
- Strong cloud automation experience Salt
- Expertise with on-prem/cloud monitoring and management systems
- Expertise in CI/CD and code quality tools
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience supporting cloud networking
- Experience with cloud security principles and best practices
- Expertise in Git
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize work against competing deadlines and changing business priorities
This is a non-salaried role and will require raising financial support to cover costs.
The position holder will need to have overlap in work hours with European Time Zone by at least 2-3 hours each day.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.