1 Aug 2023
Use your skills to convert powerful Christian publications into downloadable eBooks that can travel to hard-to-reach places. Share the hope of Christ by making resources available for the least reached in their heart languages!
MediaWorks equips local ministries around the globe with relevant print and digital media that helps them share the gospel and strengthen believers in their communities.
We have a library of powerful books waiting to be converted into downloadable eBooks that can more easily travel to hard-to-reach places.
Would you use your skills to make resources available in areas where there is little or no Christian literature in their local language? Join MediaWorks and play a key role in helping share the gospel and strengthen believers in their faith. In this role, it is possible to work remotely or to be based locally in Austria.
EBook Programmer's responsibilities:
- Create, maintain XML / HTML / EPUB files independently
- Responsible to upload / maintain eBook database
- Communicate and collaborate with team on specific projects and workflow solutions
- Assist with layout of print publications as needed
- Possible social media marketing of eBooks
EBook Programmer's knowledge, skills and experience:
- Intimate relationship with Jesus
- Understanding of and compliance with OM, its core values, structures, and statement of faith.
- Hands-on experience in coding (HTML and CSS)
- Basic knowledge in image and text extraction software (e.g. InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience in HTML coding
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Office365
- Identify opportunities for automation in existing workflows
- Team player
- Desire to learn, adapt, change and embrace new technologies
- Self-motivated, organised and very good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Find out more about our ministry at https://om.org/mediaworks
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.