Information and Communications Technology Support Engineer
The overall goal is to support the administration of ICT functions in order to help ensure continuity of work for all users of IT. As an ICT Support Engineer, you will respond to the daily help desk requests and deliver solutions in order to help ensure end users can operate systems with as little as interruption as possible.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- Maintain the help desk system.
- Respond to tickets within 1 working day.
- Provide a solution or solicit help from others.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base for user self help.
- Software systems - Maintaining software from on shore based hardware and integrated systems in order to ensure systems are up to date to prevent security breaches and users operate these system correctly.
- Hardware procurement - Purchase hardware agreed by the ICT Operations Manager in order to ensure a stable and reliable ICT platform is provided for OM Ships and end-users.
What are the requirements (skills/competencies) for this role?
- Basic computer skills, with some knowledge of Microsoft and other operating systems.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Computer and ICT solutions
- Software programs like MS Office and others
- Computer skills
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.