Logos Hope: First Engineer, Main Engine
Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. Have the opportunity to invest in young people and use your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will also receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Job Content: Working with the Engine Team on board you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of Main Engines and auxiliaries in order that the equipment keeps working and is up to the required standard
- Support the First Engineer Operations and Marine Operations team on board in order to help ensure a balanced workload
- You are able to communicate in English
- Valid Certificate of Competency (STCW Reg III/2)
- Valid Seafarer's Medical Certificate in compliance with ILO/IMO Guidelines
- Crisis Management & Human Behaviour (STCW Reg V/2)
- Basic Safety Training (STCW Reg VI/1)
- Proficiency in Survival Crafts & Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats (STCW Reg VI/2)
- Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW Reg VI/3)
- Medical First Aid (STCW Reg VI/4)
- Security Training for seafarers with designated security duties (STCW Reg VI/6)
- You will have the technical knowledge and ability to fulfil the requirements of the job description as found in the company's SMS, accountable to the Chief Engineer.
- Ability to effectively set and manage priorities.
- You can lead by example, encouraging and training the engineering officers and ratings who report to you.
All certificates should have been revalidated within the last 5 years
(PLEASE NOTE: If you have not served with OM Ships before, you may be required to sign on at a lower rank or supernumerary for a period of time, before taking up the position of First Engineer).
On the job training will be provided as needed.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.