Exists to facilitate the placement, care and development of OM personnel working outside of Canada.
Placement Oversee the application and preparation process in order to ensure applicants are received into OM Canada effectively. Core activities
- Respond quickly to any inquiries about joining OM
- Develop understanding of OM ministries and information that will help in advising people on best places to serve.
- Lead the application process in a way that is appropriate to the individual/family joining
- Assessing the applicants' suitability for the OM field they want to join using interviews and other assessment tools as required
- Ensure pre-selection happens in accordance to OM Personnel policy.
- Maintain good communication between sending field and applicant (as needed)
- Provide coaching for the applicant on support raising, spiritual and logistical preparation.
- Communicate acceptance or refusal of potential recruits' applications to foreign fields
- Facilitate the training of applicants in areas of OM core values, pre-field preparation, security issues, cross-cultural awareness, etc.
Administration Gather and maintain personnel records in order to provide accurate, appropriate information and support to individual OMers and leadership. Core activities
- Maintain personnel records (electronic, paper, OpenPetra, D365 etc.) in a manner compliant with relevant data protection and human resource management law according to OM's code of good practice.
- Provide feedback to the People Services Manager regarding necessary changes to forms and documents
- Ensure accepted applicants have appropriate Caleb access and email address
- Ensure new recruits are registered for appropriate conferences and events via Petra (Get Ready, GO, short term, etc)
- Support the Personnel Director in applying International Policy and good practice as outlined in the Personnel Manual.
People Care Provide support to OMers on the field to ensure they are taken care of and valued Core activities
- Maintain communication with OMers every 12 weeks (as needed) after the arrive on the field.
- Liaise with Benefits Administrator regarding any concerns or changes with insurance, TFSA, etc.
- Liaise with Departures Administrator regarding home assignments and departures from OM
- Facilitate field changes, status changes to career missionary, and commitment extensions for OMers
- Assist in matters of crisis management as necessary
Reporting Provide accurate information to fellow HR team members and the People Services Manager in order to help with strategic planning and to improve processes and services. Core activities
- Report to People Services Manager on a regular basis numbers of people on fields, those leaving and joining.
- Track trends in recruiting, inquiries, reasons for leaving, etc.
- Report field statistics to Area & International Personnel Officer annually via the Personnel Administrator
Networking Develop good relationship with stakeholders outside your field in order to strengthen understanding and working together Core activities
- Ensure that sending church has appropriate opportunity to speak into the direction of the applicant service throughout their time with OM.
- Build relationship with sending churches to ensure they are appropriately resourced to support their worker.
- Ensure good on-going communication between sending and receiving fields
- Develop relationships with other FPO's through face to face meetings, Skype or email (as appropriate)
- Facilitate on-going communication link between the field and the XOMer (as appropriate).
Note: This is a support based role meaning that the candidate will be required to raise a portion of their salary and employment costs.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.