Since our beginnings, we have been driven by a deep conviction that everyone should have the opportunity to hear the gospel at least once. Sadly, there are still thousands of peoples and communities that have never heard about Jesus, ever. Do you share our passion for these people to hear of His fame and renown? Come. Join one of our teams and be amazed at how God is working in lives and communities around the world, and be amazed at how He works in your life, as well.
Does your heart beat for people from other countries? Do you have a passion to share God's love holistically? Do you want to invest your experience and abilities in a pioneering ministry and develop them further?
In Norway, OM is pioneering a ministry among immigrants, refugees and Muslims in the south. Activities include a language café for women, a camp for children during summer, food distribution, and events like international parties and other get togethers. Future plans include a language café for men, bible study groups for men and for women, international cooking fellowship for women, possibly teaching courses, and possibly a second-hand shop. The team work together with local Jesus-followers, including churches and organisations. OM is hoping to expand this ministry to other cities, including a suburb in the Capital, and other areas.
Team members stay in or near the area of ministry, nourishing intercultural, respectful friendships between Christians and Muslims as a way of sharing the love of God.
Our goal is to see one, or several, vibrant communities of Jesus followers established among the least reached in our beautiful country.
THE TEAM WILL SEEK TO:
o develop the ministry through prayer and listening to God, as He leads and open doors o develop friendships with immigrants o work with children and youth o visit refugees and immigrants o evangelize, disciple and counsel o assist integration and give practical help o invite kids and youth to sports and fun activities o organize outreaches and events o maintain ministry administration
- have a personal relationship with Jesus
- have a sending church that approves of the ministry and supports you
- all OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.
- being a culturally sensitive person
- be interested in other cultures
- be open for friendships with immigrants from Muslim background
- language skills desired:
- (Norwegian-speaking or) a willingness to learn Norwegian. Arabic or an East-African language would be helpful, too.
- be a flexible team player as well as a stayer that doesn't give up despite absence of visible results
- be minimum 18 years old
- complete a background check to obtain a police certificate that confirms you have not been arrested or convicted of criminal offenses against minors
HELPFUL but not required: Experience and/or training in theology, teaching, social work, counselling
WHAT WE OFFER:
- be part of a pioneering team
- work according to your personal gifts and abilities
- grow as you are stretched beyond your comfort zone
- ongoing training and coaching in the ministry
- training opportunities within OM international
- it may be possible to work or study part time, during the pioneering phase.
Ask a Question
Your local office