Operation Mobilisation's role in the Church is to mobilise people to share the knowledge of Jesus and His love with every generation in every nation. OM pioneers and leads initiatives to redeem lives, rebuild communities and restore hope in over 110 countries.
OM's role in the body of Christ is to motivate, develop and equip people for world evangelisation, and to strengthen and help plant churches, especially among the least reached.
- Knowing and glorifying God: Our outward engagement with people flows from our inner life with God, who is our priority. Doing must flow out of being.
- Living in submission to God's Word: The Bible is our default reference in making decisions, resolving conflicts and determining the conduct our life and ministry together.
- Being people of grace and integrity: As we receive life-giving grace from God, we give in kind and measure to others. Growing in Christ-likeness, we treasure wholeness in thought, speech, conscience and conduct.
- Serving sacrificially: Living in the shadow of Christ's obedient sacrifice, we find freedom in suffering, dishonour, financial struggle and personal discomfort.
- Loving and valuing people: Our love for God is revealed in our love for all humanity, both in the care of co-workers and believers, and in the respect and love shown to those who differ from and even oppose us.
- Reflecting the diversity of the body of Christ: In a world so divided, unjust and void of peace, our greatest testimony is working together as equals from a variety of theological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evangelising the world: We make no apology for our obedience to Christ's command; rather, we seize every opportunity to demonstrate and declare the Gospel in respectful, culturally appropriate ways.
- Global intercession: Personal and corporate prayer honours God, changes us and transforms the world. Therefore prayer is the foundational work that precedes and permeates all other work.
- Esteeming the Church: Since, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God will be made known, we honour and build up Christ's body at all levels and at every opportunity.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, the authenticity of His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His present mediatorial work in heaven.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe He gives life, He sanctifies, He empowers and comforts all believers.
- We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments in their original texts, are fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error, and are the final authority for the Church.
- We believe that man was originally created sinless. Tempted by Satan, man fell and thereby brought the whole race under the condemnation of eternal separation from God.
- We believe that man is saved through repentance and faith in the finished work of Christ. Justification is through grace alone.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Jesus Christ composed of all true believers. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints and the evangelisation of the world.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate our salvation and establish His glorious Kingdom.
What Does OM Do?
Our ministries in over 100 countries and onboard our ship, Logos Hope, focus on: