Preparation training for joining OM’s disaster response volunteer register
The Disaster Response Training (DRT) is an intensive simulation-based course that will give you an overview of the Disaster Preparedness and Response sectors. The DRT will help you develop your transferable skills with a view to using them in relief work, while equipping you to deploy in support of OM’s disaster responses as part of our volunteer register.
The training will cover topics such as:
• Humanitarian principles
• Sphere standards and the cluster Approach
• Teamwork in emergencies
• Humanitarian logistics
• Emergency needs assessments
• Security and communications
• Decision making in emergencies
• Personal health in emergencies
• Working with the UN, NGO's and host governments
- Working with the media in disasters
Price excludes flights, insurance & any possible vaccinations and is subject to change according to the exchange rate.
Applicants must be 21 or over.
If you live in the UK, you can use this link to apply now https://fs7.formsite.com/OperationMobilisation/STM_APL/form_login.html