Logos Hope: Welder - Long and Short Term Roles Available
Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We're investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship.
Job Content: Working with the Maintenance team on board you will be responsible for:
- The installation and modification of existing pipe systems and steel constructions.
- Working under the leadership of the vessel's Accommodation Services Engineering Officer
- Welding experience preferably in marine environment with expert knowledge in SMAW (stick), GMAW (MIG) and TIG welding techniques.
- Holder of certificate for plate and pipe welding.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of electric tools, heating torch, plasma cutter, pipe bending machine, threading machine, etc. and with pre- and post- welding heat treating processes
- Problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
- Preferably having good fitting experience and skills.
- You have the ability to work with a small team and contribute to the overall project goals regarding personal and environmental safety, efficiency and quality.
- Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.