"I believe that OM Ships exists to show that Jesus makes the difference in all of our lives. We take the message of the gospel to some of the least-reached people and places, in order to fulfil what is written in Revelation chapter 7; that one day there will be a great multitude representing all nations, tribes and people, standing before the throne of heaven.
OM Ships is a family of dedicated, selfless people whom God has called to offer their abilities and their heart. We depend humbly upon our global support base of faithful partners, whose prayers and finance make our service possible. I am excited about pressing forward together to increase the Ship Ministry’s impact around the world."
- Seelan Govender
CEO, OM Ships International
OM Ships International is the organisation behind Logos Hope. The Ship Ministry began in 1970 as part of the global Christian training and outreach movement, OM International. Since then OM's ships have visited more than 480 different ports in 151 countries and territories and welcomed over 47 million visitors on board.
See our ports-of-call in the interactive map below - click a circle for location info.
Our current ship, Logos Hope, visits each port for several weeks at a time and opens the gangways to hundreds and sometimes thousands of visitors each day. On average, over one million visitors have been welcomed on board every year! The floating book fair offers over 5,000 titles, providing many visitors their first-ever opportunity to purchase quality educational and Christian literature.
An international crew and staff of volunteers live and work on the ships. Teams from the ship go into surrounding areas to supply aid and community care. In each port, the ship's crew joins local churches to bring hope and show love to people whatever their circumstance, culture or background.
We want to see vibrant communities of Jesus followers among the least reached.
Sharing knowledge, help and hope.
Using the unique platform of Logos Hope, and in partnership with others, OM Ships International fulfils this purpose by:
- motivating and mobilising Jesus followers to live out His purposes;
- in collaboration with like-minded partnerships, providing educational, practical and spiritual training and resources;
- sharing the Good News of His Kingdom through our books, words and actions;
- having a strong focus on prayer and relationships.
Over the next ten years, we want to mobilise a million churches to be actively involved in missions to the unreached, see a million prayer intercessors raised and see a million people released to be involved with the least reached who have not had the opportunity to hear the Good News.
- Knowing and glorifying God: Our outward engagement with people flows from our inner life with God, who is our priority. Doing must flow out of being.
- Living in submission to God's Word: The Bible is our default reference in making decisions, resolving conflicts and determining the conduct our life and ministry together.
- Being people of grace and integrity: As we receive life-giving grace from God, we give in kind and measure to others. Growing in Christ-likeness, we treasure wholeness in thought, speech, conscience and conduct.
- Serving sacrificially: Living in the shadow of Christ's obedient sacrifice, we find freedom in suffering, dishonour, financial struggle and personal discomfort.
- Loving and valuing people: Our love for God is revealed in our love for all humanity, both in the care of co-workers and believers, and in the respect and love shown to those who differ from and even oppose us.
- Reflecting the diversity of the body of Christ: In a world so divided, unjust and void of peace, our greatest testimony is working together as equals from a variety of theological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evangelising the world: We make no apology for our obedience to Christ's command; rather, we seize every opportunity to demonstrate and declare the Gospel in respectful, culturally appropriate ways.
- Global intercession: Personal and corporate prayer honours God, changes us and transforms the world. Therefore prayer is the foundational work that precedes and permeates all other work.
- Esteeming the Church: Since, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God will be made known, we honour and build up Christ's body at all levels and at every opportunity.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, the authenticity of His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His present mediatorial work in heaven.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe He gives life, He sanctifies, He empowers and comforts all believers.
- We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments in their original texts, are fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error, and are the final authority for the Church.
- We believe that man was originally created sinless. Tempted by Satan, man fell and thereby brought the whole race under the condemnation of eternal separation from God.
- We believe that man is saved through repentance and faith in the finished work of Christ. Justification is through grace alone.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Jesus Christ composed of all true believers. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints and the evangelisation of the world.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate our salvation and establish His glorious Kingdom.
Learn more about OM