The Bus driver will be responsible to take the bus and team to the different venues. The driver will also be responsible for the general maintenance of the vehicle (working with another experienced person) and the safety of passengers. The Bus driver will, of course, have opportunities to get involved in practical evangelism and planning of the programmes as part of the team. All OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.
- Must be 25 years old or older
- At least 3 years’ experience in driving a bus/heavy vehicles;
- Possess a current valid international license (bus/heavy vehicles);
- Be prepared to drive long distances and be away from home for periods of time. Some basic
experience in mechanics would also be useful, but not essential.
- Enjoy travel or bring motion sickness tablets because much of our ministry involves travelling around Ireland
- A heart for evangelism and a passion for sharing Jesus with others, especially children and teens.
- Fulfil the OM Ireland child protection requirements – this may involve a police check in your
country before you join.
- Be able to work in a cross-cultural team - sometimes in stressful situations! - and with local
Christians and churches of different backgrounds
- Be flexible with accommodation and food.
- Good knowledge of English language is necessary – team life and ministry is in English.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- We will encourage you to use and develop your gifts during your time with us as well as explore new ones.