To serve as the primary contact for OM to Guyana's Christian community and to promote missions awareness and involvement by speaking at churches, Christian events, business meetings, etc. To serve in this position, the person would need to live full time in Guyana.
The OM Caribbean team: Our team across the Caribbean is involved in a variety of ministries. Central to our thinking/philosophy is our belief that only the gospel changes people and communities. As Jesus Christ transforms the hearts of local people, churches grow, communities change, and believers grow in their desire to see Christ glorified among the nations. We do tasks, we do ministry, we do development and our passion behind all of this is knowing Jesus Christ and desiring to make Him known. If this is you, then we want to talk with you about the serious possibility of you joining our team.
1. To serve as the primary contact for OM to the country's Christian community
2. To promote missions awareness and involvement by speaking at churches, Christian events, business meetings, etc.
3. To develop and raise the country budget for ministry as well as personal support (if needed)
4. To develop a country volunteer team (Working Group)
5. To recruit local Christians for long-term mission service and for short-term outreaches
6. To develop a prayer network across the DR
7. To raise funds for key OM international ministry opportunities
8. To assist in the scheduling of OM speakers and leaders visiting the DR, to include transportation, lodging, and meetings
9. To assist with long-term applicant orientation (GMO) if it should be needed