If you want to use your skills and help bring Knowledge, Help and Hope to transform lives and communities to millions every year, come and join us.
Our international team in Florence, South Carolina of about 30 people support the Logos Hope through the Communications department, Partner development and Literature distribution.
The Volunteer Coordinator exists to coordinate individuals, churches and groups as they become actively involved in the ministry through volunteer service.
1. Volunteer Program
Coordinate and facilitate the receiving, daily scheduling, task management, data basing and follow-up of volunteers in order to ensure the effectiveness of the Volunteer Program.
1. Maintain accurate records of volunteer service, name, address, birthdays, etc.
2. Coordinate the receiving of individuals or groups into OMSI’s volunteer program.
3. Schedule all volunteers into the calendar and relay availability to Literature Operations Manager or Facility Manager as appropriate.
4. Coordinate volunteer accommodation needs with the Florence Personnel Officer.
5. Work alongside the volunteers as time permits.
The priority for assigning volunteers is to the Literature team (approx. 40/day) but a few volunteers are also needed to assist with maintenance/yard work on a regular basis and occasionally in the office. Volunteers should be assigned according to their interest and skill set, bearing these priorities in mind.
2. Volunteer Care
Assist in providing appropriate care for the volunteers in order to enable their service with OM Ships to be a blessing both to them and the ministry.
1. Screen potential volunteers and approve their involvement with OM Ships.
2. Orient volunteers to the ministry of OM Ships.
3. Invite volunteers to up for ministry news and appeals.
4. Encourage volunteers during their involvement with OM Ships.
5. Follow up with lapsed volunteers to ensure they are not lost to the ministry through lack of care.
3. Volunteer Recruitment
Ensure volunteer staffing of individuals and groups in order to facilitate the growth of the ministry.
1. Research and create initiatives that would facilitate volunteer relationships and opportunities.
2. Proactively promote the opportunity for volunteers in the local Florence community and in other regions.
3. Train and resource our volunteers to promote the ministry to others and become OM Ships liaisons in their local church.