In the Mother City called Cape Town you will find our team in many different places sharing the love of Christ with people. Some are on the streets in various market areas and others are at our Empowerment Centre called: Chanua. Chanua is a Swahili word meaning “Thrive”. We don’t want people to simple survive but to thrive both in a practical way and spiritually.
We befriend foreigners and neighbors from other faiths.
Cape Town is the cradle of the least reached in Southern Africa. Many of the immigrants and refugees who come to Cape Town are from unreached countries.
We are looking for someone who wants to reach out by befriending the least reached, meeting them where they are: at the market place, on the streets and in the neighborhood they live.
There are other least reached workers in Cape Town that we partner with - you would not be working alone.
1. Prayer walks in areas where the least reached reside.
2. Outreach to various market places.
3. Weekly work among prostitutes. (Night outreaches, crafts, café)
4. Home visits.
5. Setting up discovery groups for discipling.
6. English classes & other empowerment classes like; sewing, business courses, etc.
7. Giving presentations and teachings at churches to create awareness.
8. Organize least reached outreaches with local churches.
9. Literature distribution
For more information about the ministry follow this link:
Before joining the Diaspora Team in Cape Town, you would need to complete the Missions Discipleship Training with OM South Africa or have other recognized missions training.
Please note: This is a non-salary position. Members need to raise funds and support from friends, family and churches