Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We’re investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Working with the Maintenance team on board you will be responsible for:
- Domestic water systems throughout the vessel: fresh water lines, black and grey waste water systems, drainage systems, certain hydraulic and refrigeration systems.
- Working under the leadership of the vessel’s Accommodation Maintenance Engineering Officer, responsibilities include the maintenance of wash rooms; vacuum toilet systems; water supply, use and drainage in the galley etc.
- You have qualifications and several years of experience as a plumber.
- You are able to work independently and have experience in working with threaded fittings, small diameter copper and steel pipes, plastic piping, brazing and soldering, crimped fittings, etc.
- You have problem-solving skills and you are manually skilled.
- You have the ability to work with a small team and contribute to the overall project goals regarding personal and environmental safety, efficiency and quality.
- Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
On the job training will be provided as needed.