As a baker, together with others you will produce quality baked items for those in the ship's community (around 400 people) & the local visitors who come to our I-Café and events on board. Our purpose is two-fold; to feed, bless & encourage those serving in the ship's community, and to provide items creating a hospitable environment to connect with our visitors.
Tasks & Responsibilies:
- You are responsible for making the crew's bread & desserts
- You are responsible for producing items sold in the International Café
- You will create & cater a variety of high-quality items to events on board, from simple cakes, to receptions, to plated desserts
- You have experience with baking breads, cakes, desserts, etc.
- You are able/prepared to rise early for a daily morning shift
- You are willing to learn new baking skills & execute them in a high quality manner
- You are able to independently complete tasks & at the same time being aware of the needs of your workmates
Ask a Question
Your local office
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.