Do you feel called by God to serve him in France? Join the OM team as we serve to inspire, mobilise and equip others in seeing churches grow and be discipled, as well as getting involved hands-on in one of the least reached countries in Europe.
The Field Personnel Officer is crucial to our ministry here in France. As the principal contact for people wanting to go into misison, you'll play a key role in guiding them through the process and supporting them right through to their return.
We are looking for committed team members who love God and are passionate about serving Him with their gifts and skills, and if necessary in other ways too!
As the Field Personnel Officer, you will be the point person for any French people looking to go into missions, from the initial inquiry and discussion about finding the best fit within the OM world for their gifts and passions, then throughout for the whole application process, from registration to departure.
You will be part of planning and leading the pre departure training, usually during a weekend, as well as participating in the international preparation conference (GO), to ensure each person is adequately prepared for their ministry and change of culture.
You will also be in touch regularly with each person, to ensure that they are doing well during their time in ministry, as well as helping with any administrative needs if their role or commitment time changes. Then finally organising a debrief and accompanying them at the end of their time with OM.
As the field is small you will also accompany people coming to join the team here in France. This includes organising the administrative details (budget, visas etc) and planning and training during the orientation week at the start of their commitment.
The Field Personnel Officer is the contact for the OM International personnel team and therefore needs to abide by the best practice rules set at an international level and provide reports to the international team at specific points during the year.
Our desire is to have two people working together in this role, so you may not need to do all of the above all of the time.
- Well-organised and reliable
- Good people skills
- Capable of managing several tasks at the same time
- Thrives in working as part of an international team
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and French obligatory (French to be able to communicate well with the French people wanting to go or already in missions, and to communicate with other fields across the OM world in English).
- Cross-cultural experience preferred, or willingness to gain some cross-cultural experience
- Needs to be based in the office in Pontault-Combault
- To be growing in your relationship with God
- To love God and people as yourself.
- Be passionate about discipleship
- Willing to grow spiritually in community
- Accept to have a mentor (could be someone outside or OM)
The description in French can be found at: https://www.om.org/fr/content/postes-a-pourvoir-au-sein-dom-france-1 (Vous pouvez retrouver le descriptive de ce poste en français sur notre site)
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.