PRAY FOR THE NATIONS
God hears us when we pray according to His will. We see Him working in the lives of our families, friends, neighbours and colleagues as we pray for the needs of those close to us.
However, there are more than 3 billion people around the world who don’t know God. Often, they don’t even know a single Jesus follower who can tell them that God listens to their prayers. Many of these people are concentrated across five geographic areas: the Sahel, the Arabian Peninsula, the North Caucasus, South Asia and the Mekong.
Will you join believers around the world in praying for people in these places who have never heard about God’s plan for redemption? Together, we will lift up Jesus followers who are boldly sharing Christ’s love in some of these areas and ask God for more people to join them in reaching those who don’t know Him.
Download the Prayer Reach app today
Prayer Reach is an app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices that acts as a catalyst for prayer that reaches into the communities of the world where churches are few, and Jesus followers are often not present. By spending time in prayer for people who do not yet know God's amazing love, we align our hearts and minds with His, and open ourselves to how He might desire to use us for His work in the world.
PRAY for the Caribbean
We ask you to join us in praying for Jesus followers across the Caribbean.
We're praying for intentional efforts to build prayer circles, increased resources for teams, flexibility to pivot to online church connections, continued mobilisation initiatives and for Mandate—the 7-week zoom missions discipleship course.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we're also praying for sustainable streams of income outside of tourism, the acquisition and roll-out of vaccines, for the churches as they navigate online services and ministries, the children falling behind in schools and for the safe re-opening of schools and other services.
- For the economy and wisdom for the government re the vaccine roll-out.
- That the church will be bold in sharing the gospel and encouraging the congregatons to say yes to bringing in the harvest.
- The local OM team; for strength as the country leader coordinates the relationships with churches and volunteers and encourage believers to commit to prayer.
- The missionaries serving globally from Barbados; for direction and thanks for relationship blessings.
- That more people will commit to seving locally with or mobilising team.
- For the OM board of directors as the govern the ministry and balance with other ministry obligations.
- Peaceful resolution for our border issues.
- Unity amongst the races, political leaders.
- Peace amongst our people.
- Equal opportunities for all.
- Unity in the Christian Community.
- Christian Leaders and Christians
- Spiritual Revival
- Growth of the churches (numerical & Spiritual)
- The friends of OM and the OM working committee members.
- The ecomomies and political dynamics of the different islands.
- The ongoing succesful roll-out of the Coronavirus vaccine.
- Thanks for a new country leader and pray for her strength, enthusiam and vigor as she guides the mobilisation effort.
- The Logos Hope, currently under going annual maintenance in Curaçao, for direction re the ship's ministry in these trying times.
- The many meetings with church leaders and OM alumni and opportunities to share about the status of the unrecahed and world missions
- The OM working committees across the islands and their commitment to and support of our mobilisation efforts.
- The country, the leaders of government, the church leaders and the still enduring high crime rate.
- That God would raise up missions minded churches locally.
- More staff and volunteers for the OM Jamaica team.
- 12 people will say yes this year to committing to global missions and being sent globally with the Gospel.
- The 5 missionaries from Jamaica serving around the world with OM, pray for their continued strength and foundation in God as He works through them.
- Pray that Jamaican missionaries around the world would be financially supported.
- The deepening economic and political crisis and the continued protests.
- The principal, teachers and students of OM's affiliated school in the nations capital of Port-au-Prince.
- One young lady sent by OM, now as serving globally; her doors to open regarding her future plans, for financial provision and that she will keep walking in the centre of God's Will.
- For past missionaries and their impact on the local church.
- For the local church as it prioitises both local outreach and the need to give of their people and resources to getting the gospel to the ends of the earth.
- For favour from the authorities to grant visas for future nationals seeking to serve globally.
- For the shunning of voodoo practices and beliefs and for total submission to Jesus alone.
- The La Soufrière volcano has erupted. Pray for wisdom for the up to 20,000 evacuated in the red and orange zones.
- The shelter managers and the team of volunteers as they offer compassionate care to the evacuees.
- The efficiency, effectiveness and fairness of food, water and other distributions. Thanks for the many organisations that are helping,
- The widespread vaccine hesitancy. The need for continued Covid-19 protocols including social distancing in the shelters.
- Schools are being used for shelters and teachers are volunteering in the shelters. Please pray for the Ministry of Education and the teachers as they plan for alternatives to enable resumption of education
- The many who lost property because of the volcano and the heavy rainfall that caused Lahar Flows and flooding on 29 Apr 2021.
- OM's Psychosocial training and activities with children in shelters
- For NEMA and the government as they continue rebuilding Abaco and Grand Bahama after the devastation from Hurricane Dorian.
- For the displaced people who are still without permanent homes.
- For OM's local mobilising team and their increased usage of the internet to coordinate team activities and to mobilise the local church.
- For 1 new missionary who recently went to South Asia for Mission Discipleship training and ministry.
- That local missionaries serving globally will be strengthened and encouraged with fruit from their labours
- Opportunities to continue strengthening and building relationships with the local church.
- Continued wisdom for the government of Trinidad and Tobago in handling the COVID 19 virus.
- Church services are shorter which means less/no time for missionaries to present and share their work to churches, pray for opportunities for the missionaries and open doors.
- The 4 new recruits serving onboard the Logos Hope (book ship) from T&T , pray they settle well into their new environment and continue to seek God in this new season.
- The 3 additional people presently building their support team in order to attain their budgets for the countries where they will serve.
- The 17 people in the last Zoom connect meeting who indicated they want to go with OM in global missions.
- That Trini missionaries around the world would be financially supported.
- The local mobilizing team as the continue to engage technology and find creative ways to share about the need for global missions.
VIDEOS TO INSPIRE PRAYER
OM is currently focusing on five regions of the world where the majority of the population haven’t had the chance to hear the gospel or meet a follower of Jesus.
Watch these videos to learn more and gather some key prayer points for the people of these regions.
People of Other Faiths
Pray Light and Love
As followers of Christ, we take Jesus’ strong exhortation to “love God and love neighbour" very seriously.
People of other faiths are our neighbours, and one way we love them is by praying blessings on them, their families, and communities and the cities they live in around the world.