Do you feel called by God to serve him in France? Join us in our goal to inspire, mobilise and equip others, to see churches grow and believers discipled, in one of the least reached countries in Europe.
Come and use your finance and admin skills to help us achieve this vision! This role is vital to the ministry on the field. We are looking for committed team members who love God and are passionate about serving Him with their gifts and skills, and if necessary to serve in other ways too!
Your role will include:
- overseeing the field accountant,
- ensuring good practice and that our systems are compliant with French financial rules as well as meeting the OM international needs.
- Understanding the finance systems used by OM
- Dealing with the salary and employment side of the association
- Providing regular contact and reports for the field and ministry leaders and the board,
- To ensure that the different insurance and other contracts are up to date and looking into other options when necessary.
- To provide help with the administrative work of the association in conjunction with the field leader and the board
- Possibility to also be involved in fund raising for the field or other projects.
Working as part of the small core office team in the town of Pontault-Combault, you will have an essential support role across departments. It is likely that you will be engaging with French people – from the external chartered accountant and auditor, the donors and the team here as well as having contact with the OM offices in other countries. So, it is important to have a good relational manner and appreciation of diverse cultures.
- Compliance with OM, its guiding values, structures, and statement of faith.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- An eye for detail to perform various accounting, administrative and book-keeping tasks.
- Able to produce French financial reports and budgets.
- Finance training or previous experience is helpful. Willingness to learn is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Servant hearted person.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with accounting information.
- Well-organised and reliable
- Capable of managing several tasks at the same time and can handle some repetition in tasks
- Thrives in working as part of an international team
- Good knowledge of English and French obligatory (or option to learn on arrival)
- Cross-cultural experience preferred, or willingness to gain some cross-cultural experience
- Needs to be based in the office in Pontault-Combault
- To be growing in your relationship with God
- To love God and people as yourself.
- Willing to grow spiritually in community
- Accept to have a mentor (could be someone within or outside of OM)
Ask a Question
Your local office
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.