Doulos Hope: AV Technician
1 Feb 2023
In this role, you will oversee sound, lighting and video support for the public events and programmes run on board and onshore as well as for the internal programmes aboard MV Doulos Hope. Additionally you will be responsible for all meeting rooms' audio and video systems.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- You are responsible for the AV side of events on board, community events, training services and general maintenance of equipment;
- You work closely with onboard events team coordinator, people development members and worship bands;
- You are the one who uses your knowledge and experience to help ship's company as far as possible with any AV requests;
- You coordinate specific arrangements and design of lights, sound and video for events;
- You will need to have the basic understanding of how to operate all AV equipment and you will receive further guidance and knowledge in this area;
- You will be performing in a team but you will need to be self motivated and able to teach yourself on a technical level in Lights, Video or Sound.
What are the requirements (skills/competences) for this role?
- You have experience with operating sound systems, light systems and video systems in live events (church, school programs etc.);
- You are willing to learn with the resources you are provided with and you will take initiative to further your understanding in one specific AV field;
- You have to be FAT: Flexible, Adaptable and Teachable;
- You are proactive to learn and also to teach others;
- You understand not only that the role demands good time management but also that it involves that you are able to work well on your own;
- You will have a good relationship with your team and those involved in the event;
- You will look after the equipment and maintain a professional standard in your work.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.