Community Development Worker
‘To be there when it matters the most'; to coach, disciple and walk along with people to help them create more opportunities for themselves on a practical and spiritual level
A lot of people in Albania are living in poverty and have low chances of getting out of this cycle. We want to investigate how we can help them forward, working on self-sustainability. Think about learning basic skills (growing food, repairing stuff, how to handle money well etc.) or increasing capabilities (woodwork, sewing, haircutting, cooking, reading/math). But also support when it's hard, providing a listening ear; using talents to increase self-confidence. And testify to them about the love of Christ. You can be a part of a ministry in pioneer stage that will work among the poor families (Physically, Spritually, and emotionally) of Albania to provide relief and to develop them. Helping them in their urgent short term needs and providing opportunities for long term progress.
Community Development workers can help our team initially to set up community development projects. We aim to first start in Kenete, an area with poor families in Durrës. Later on, you can (help) lead these projects and programmes. You will need:
- A pioneering spirit
- A desire to reach out to people in need
- Willingness to learn Albanian
- Any experience is an extra (social work, youth and kids ministry, (wo)men's ministry, mentoring and discipling)
- Basic admin skills (MS word, outlook, etc)
- This is not a paid role, support must be raised for living expenses.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.