As a project manager with the Global Experience team, you will lead a range of projects through their lifespans, including overseeing schedules and deadlines, determining deliverables, managing communication and progress with team members and stakeholders, overseeing budget and expenses and ensuring high-quality end results. Our simulations take place all over the world and, as such, we need leaders to assist in planning and organising these events.
About OM's Global Experience Team: OM's Global Experience team creates worlds in which participants experience firsthand the needs of those who are suffering. Instead of passively observing a situation, we enable them to take part, safely, in the challenges faced by those in need, and to discover what they can do to make a difference. Global Experience is similar to traditional theatre, except our actors interact directly with guests rather than performing in front of them.
Expectations for all Global Experience team members:
- Respectfully cooperate and collaborate as part of a team.
- Be reliable and do what you say you will do.
- Have a servant's heart yet be aware of and able to preserve your boundaries.
- Be open to receiving and able to give constructive feedback to one another.
- Choose to be gracious even when under stress.
- Handle conflict directly, openly and with kindness.
- Be willing to think ‘outside the box' and try new things.
- Have a good sense of humour.
Requirements for project managers:
- Possess strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Have excellent people skills, including the ability to coach team members and to handle difficult situations, if necessary.
- Demonstrate proactive communication skills.
- Be organised.
- Foresee potential obstacles to progress and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Have excellent time management and the ability to motivate team members to meet deadlines.
- Be able to oversee and manage multiple teams and tasks at a given time.
- Possess strong attention to detail and a passion for quality.
Ask a Question
Your local office
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.