As part of Global Experience's story development team, you will have the opportunity to use your skills and creativity to inspire others to address the challenges affecting our planet. Members of this team develop the story frameworks for our simulations, from big-picture concept to the tiniest of details. This includes doing research to understand the issues being portrayed, determining which aspects of the issues we want to communicate, as well as how guests will experience the stories.
About OM's Global Experience Team: OM's Global Experience team creates worlds in which participants experience firsthand the needs of those who are suffering. Instead of passively observing a situation, we enable them to take part, safely, in the challenges faced by those in need, and to discover what they can do to make a difference. Global Experience is similar to traditional theatre, except our actors interact directly with guests rather than performing in front of them.
Please note: Some topics portrayed in Global Experience simulations may be difficult, uncomfortable and intense, including issues of human trafficking, poverty, injustice, etc.
Expectations for all Global Experience team members:
- Respectfully cooperate and collaborate as part of a team.
- Be reliable and do what you say you will do.
- Have a servant's heart yet be aware of and able to preserve your boundaries.
- Be open to receiving and able to give constructive feedback to one another.
- Choose to be gracious even when under stress.
- Handle conflict directly, openly and with kindness.
- Be willing to think ‘outside the box' and try new things.
- Have a good sense of humour.
Requirements for Story Development team members:
- Have a heart for the nations and for people affected by the issues plaguing our planet.
- Understand the principles of storytelling and how experiential storytelling differs from traditional storytelling. (Global Experience can give training on the latter, if needed.)
- Be able to absorb information about difficult, real-life issues and convert it into immersive, interactive visitor experiences. Proficiency in themed entertainment design is desired.
- Understand human emotions and how to emotionally yet responsibly engage an audience through story.
- Be resourceful, adaptable and able to solve practical and conceptual problems.
- Be willing to experiment, make mistakes and discard previous work, if necessary.
- Possess a basic understanding of space and how people move through space.
- Be proficient in working within and communicating to different cultures.
Ask a Question
Your local office
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.