MediaWorks is looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of their print and digital media ministry's infrastructure. As you support a creative team of graphic designers, software developers and eBook programmers, you are making it possible to produce Christian media in the heart-languages of the least reached around the world.
MediaWorks equips local ministries around the globe with relevant print and digital media that helps them share the gospel and strengthen believers in their communities.
We are looking for an on-site IT support person to ensure the smooth running of print and digital media ministry's infrastructure. This includes the administration of their Linux servers, installing programmes and supporting the Windows clients. MediaWorks' IT environment consists of: Windows clients, Linux servers (both in the offices and in the cloud, i.e. web servers), NAS boxes, network switches and printers.
IT support person's responsibilities:
- Monitoring Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office to ensure error-free operation
- Monitoring backup processes
- Running software updates on Linux servers and NAS boxes in the office
- Monitoring Linux web servers in the cloud
- Installing new hardware as needed
- Adding and removing users as needed, both for the Windows (Samba) domain and OpenVPN
- Adding, moving, and removing Office365 users
- Installing new Windows clients as needed
- Installing software updates on Windows clients
- Troubleshooting user problems and liaising with the OM Helpdesk
- Monitor and troubleshoot the Internet connections in the offices
IT support person's knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in Windows and Linux System administration
- Familiar with using current PC hardware
- Willingness to problem solve and research solutions
Find out more about our ministry at https://om.org/mediaworks
Ask a Question
Your local office
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.