Young people today are searching for what is real and what works in their lives. They are moving from childhood to adulthood. Some have already started a friendship with Jesus but lack a mentor to disciple them in their relationship with Christ, while others have never heard of Christ. Around the world, there is a tremendous need for full-time youth workers, who have a deep desire to see young people develop in their walk with Jesus. In many circumstances, creativity is needed to find ways to make connections and build relationships with young people. Do you share our passion to see young people discover who Jesus is and be built up to become men and women who follow Him? Consider joining us on this journey!
TeenStreet is OM's international camp for teens, gathering up to 4000 teens and leaders in Germany each July.
OM Norway is each year sending a group of approximately 30 youth to TeenStreet. The coordination of teens, coaches/other leaders, group travel, preparations leading up to departure and follow up after the camp, have up until now been done by great volunteers. As we seek to expand this ministry and send more Norwegian youth to TeenStreet, we are looking for a person with a love for the Lord and a heart to see teens transformed by the Gospel, to take on this role.
If this is you, be prepared to:
- Visit several youth groups to promote and recruit for TeenStreet.
- Follow up and mentor teens, before and after TeenStreet.
- Take responsibility for preparing the information material and translation of Bible studies.
- Organize group travel to TeenStreet and back home.
- Recruit and work with local volunteers.
- Organize the local TeenStreet Connection in Norway each February.
- Represent OM Norway at the preparation meetings in Germany.
- Serve as an integral part of our office team and ministry.
- Commit to a local church membership.
- Be willing to learn Norwegian, and develop an understanding of Norwegian churches and culture.
- All OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.
Ask a Question
Your local office