The culmination of 22 years of ministry, OM Brazil’s Training Centre both equips those wanting to serve in missions overseas and engenders ministries that reach marginalized people groups within the country.
Our culture is people-oriented, and Brazilians are thus well-suited to work in places like Central Asia, Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Europe. Churches are often young, dynamic and ready to take on their role in world mission. OM serves the Church through mobilizing, recruiting, training and sending workers overseas.
At home, 85% of Brazilians are still not followers of Christ. We work to reach street kids, homosexuals, prostitutes, the homeless and drug addicts in urban centres as well as fishermen villages in remote areas.
What we do:
- AidsLink: The role of OM Brazil and AIDS Link International is to transform lives and communities by mobilizing and empowering people to have a global impact against HIV / AIDS. This includes: Equip the local population to respond through training and education (lectures and workshops); make people aware of the need and how they can help; taking care of those who are suffering; helping children with HIV and AIDS; and much more.
- Love and Life: Love & Life is a ministry that seeks to demonstrate Christ’s love in a practical and personal way through service to the poor with the help of volunteers and professionals from different fields such as doctors, dentists, nurses, lawyers, teachers, craft teachers, hairdressers and others.
- SportsLink: The OM SportsLink Ministry seeks to serve the Body of Christ by mobilizing people passionate about sports to share Jesus Christ. We want to serve the churches and communities by equipping, encouraging and inspiring them to use sports as a tool to reach more people, transforming lives and communities.
How you can get involved:
- Pray for our ministries
- Pray that more workers will join OM in Brazil
- Pray for the local church, that they may adopt a mission oriented vision
- Pray for financial provision for the ministries and the workers in the team
- Give: Give here (http://www.om.org/en/give) to help support the work of OM in Brasil.
- GO: — See the job opportunities listed at http://www.om.org/en/opportunities. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Brasil:
- Population 195,423,252 Annual Growth: 0.99%:, Area: 8,511,965 sq km, Capital: Brasilia, Urbanites: 86.5%
- Official language: Portugues.
- State of economy: Brazil has the Ninth largest economy by nominal GDP in the world, and the seventh largest by purchasing power parity. The Brazilian economy is characterized by moderately free markets and an inward-oriented economy. From 2000 to 2012, Brazil was one of the fastest-growing major economies in the world, with an average annual GDP growth rate of over 5%, with its economy in 2012 surpassing that of the United Kingdom, making Brazil the world's sixth largest economy. However, Brazil's economy growth has decelerated in 2013 and had almost no liquid growth throughout 2014.
- Religious make-up:(%) 91.4% Christian; 26.3% Evangelical
- State of the church: Although “non-religious” believes are currently growing the fastest, the local church has had a steady growth since the late 20th century and numbers continue to increase. But the church still has to find its place in world missions.