As MediaWorks plan to expand their print and digital media ministry, they are preparing for a number of changes in the year ahead.
OM Europe and OM EAST leaders sense God’s prompting to expand OM EAST’s print and digital media ministry, based in Austria. They see the potential to serve more OM teams and develop a greater range of media in the heart languages of people groups around the world. By producing relevant print and digital media, OM EAST wants to help tell more people about Jesus and strengthen believers in their faith. OM EAST has started planning for the future and preparing for the following changes in the year ahead:
· Geographical area: OM EAST will broaden their geographical remit to serve OM and Christian partner organisations with print and digital media globally.
· Develop digital media: The results of a survey sent out to OM teams and partners show a need for digital media, which would enable them to share the gospel in innovative ways.
· Vision, mission, strategy and values: The local OM EAST team is formulating their new vision and mission statements, as well as defining future strategy and values. They are seeking input from OM leaders, OM workers and OM EAST partners.
· Name: The team is thinking of a new name that describes their ministry.
· Recruiting additional specialists: OM EAST will recruit further specialists who can build on the current work and develop the range of digital media offered.
· New field leader: OM EAST’s field leader, Edwin Keller, will come to the end of his second term in this role in December 2019 and has decided not to continue for another term. OM leaders and OM EAST board members have requested and received nominations for candidates to be considered. Once a new field leader has been appointed, Edwin hopes to begin to hand over his responsibilities in autumn 2019.
Please join OM workers in praying for God’s guidance throughout this process:
Please pray for the OM EAST team and OM leaders to continue to recognise God’s direction and to trust in His provision. Please pray for wisdom in writing their vision and mission statements, and in choosing a new name. Please pray God would bring the right field leader and additional specialists at the right time.